COVID-19 Safety Measures
Dentist in Columbia, MD
At Joobbani Dental Designs, your well-being is our top priority. New precautions are being taken when it comes to your visit to our office. Many of these safeguards have always been a part of our practice. We have also taken extra steps in our practice to ensure additional protection when you come in for your next appointment. These precautions follow the CDC guidelines for dental offices and the Maryland Department of Health requirements.
As required by the Maryland Department of Health, we are posting our certification of compliance:
Certificate of Compliance
CALL US BEFORE COMING IF YOU HAVE:
- Experienced recent symptoms of:
- Shortness-of-breath or difficulty breathing
- Fever (temperature of 100 or more degrees F)
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Sudden/recent loss of taste or smell
- Recent contact with anyone exhibiting these symptoms;
- Recent close contact with anyone known to have COVID-19;
- Recently travel outside the state of Maryland to certain COVID hotspots
- Governor Hogan has mandated 14 days of self-isolation after out-of-state travel
You will notice the following changes when you come in for your next appointment:
- We can only allow the Patient in our office (minors will be allowed to come with 1 parent/guardian).
- If you have arrived with any companions they will have to wait in the car or outside our office in the lobby area (masks are required anywhere within our building).
- Everyone must wear a facial covering before being allowed into the office.
- This will be worn at all times in the office except when instructed to remove during examinations and/or treatment.
- Patients and companions will have their temperatures taken upon arrival.
- Doctors and staff have their temperatures taken daily
- Our rooms are properly clean and disinfected with medical-grade products before patients are brought in.
- We are wearing appropriate CDC-approved PPE (personal protective equipment) to protect all of us.
- Constant hand washing and sanitizer use is required for all employees.
- We are disinfecting and sanitizing all our clinical and non-clinical areas rigorously based on the latest guidelines.
- We use multiple HEPA grade air filters throughout the practice to scrub and clean the air multiple times an hour. During your appointment we use high evacuation suction to remove aerosols, further reducing the spread of bacteria and viruses.
- All Instruments and equipment used during your care are always sterilized and disinfected to CDC specifications. This ensures proper infection control and the health of our patients and staff. Every item used is opened fresh from a sterilized packet or is a brand-new disposable item. The sterilization process is very rigorous and includes dry heat sterilization (autoclave) and chemical sterilization.
We are now open, taking every precaution, and we are ready to help you achieve an even more beautiful smile. Contact us today to schedule your next appointment. We look forward to seeing you.